Monday, March 26, 2007

I am wrong

I am wrong.

I am not a nice guy.

All my life I played the role of a role model brilliantly. This is what my parents think. I think they are wrong.

They think I set an example for everyone in the family. I think they are wrong. They think I don’t lie. I think they are wrong. They think I am brave. I think they are wrong. They think I am strong and I don’t cry. I think they are wrong. But it’s not completely their fault. Everyone has illusions.

Everyone wants to be a role model. Everyone wants to set examples. Everyone wants to be truthful.

Personally, I don’t believe in right or wrong, truth or lie, good or bad. I think the situations are far bigger than these notions.

Still I believe I am wrong. I have hurt people. I have cheated myself. I have bent my beliefs. I have made people who love me, cry. I have lied. I have tried to be someone I wanted to be. I am weak. I cry. I lose.

I always want people to believe that I am a nice guy. Loving, caring, emotional, helpful… I am not. I am a simple human being. As complex as anyone.

I want people to believe that I am socially responsible, that I help people without any expectation or a selfish motive… that I love unconditionally… that I am clean… that I am actually right.

But I am wrong.

4 comments:

prasad said...

tu kitna sahi likhta hain nai...
main toh tera fan hote jaa raha hoon...matlab fan toh ho gaya hoon ac ban raha hoon...thats true ..
tu jeetna khudke paas jakar likhega utnahi wo sabko jada appeal hoga...
aur siddharth tera way of writing ...its simply gr88888 bahot saral sahaj sundar likhta hain tu ...
ur fan no 1
prasad

neha said...

this is MY favourite of all the posts so far...I love it....
i wanna read it again and again....

neha said...

the human psychology has been brilliantly understood...but what stands apart is the self-realisation aspect....the hard truth! simpl(E)y superb!

sarvmeet said...

yes,you are wrong...you are a very nice guy... only nice guys realize what it takes to be nice..what's missing in being right... no one can be perfectly nice.. not being nice and being nice is not 0 and 1... "nice" to each one is different... as i see it you have accumulated a lot of decimal points already...
yes,you are wrong...you are a very nice guy...