Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Life makes me cry, not death

What happens when people die? What happens when someone very close to you dies? You cry. At the loss. At the void that’s created in your everyday life.

You cry because things won’t be the same. Ever. You cry because you loved the person. You cry because you are a human being, who’s incomplete. The person, who has now left you, completed you, in some way or the other.

But no one lives forever, and we all know that. Do we cry because we are scared? Scared of our own end.

It’s a strange world. We all are incomplete and some other incomplete person completes us. When that person dies, we cry.

I don’t know if I would cry. I don’t know if my thoughts make any sense. I don’t care.

I think life is scarier than death, at least when you see people sleeping on the pavements and under the open sky. The thought that the 15 year old girl who sells flowers on a traffic signal, is a normal girl, who has her periods once in every 35 days, makes me cry.

Death makes you feel small. Fragile. When the moment of death comes, even the happy memories of the person, make you cry. And when you cry, you lose. You show that you are weak. But isn’t life mightier than death. Then why cry?

Life makes me cry, not death.

4 comments:

neha said...

pretty true...i really donno wat to say....cause everything seems so very true...but i still can't accept it....maybe because of our secure lives death seems scarier for us than life....

Unknown said...

profound... the way i see it is that when u love someone and that person is no longer with you, you cry out of helplessness.. there is absolutely nothing that u can do to get them back.. u cry out of being powerless.. for the first time in your life you feel u cant take charge, u cant control the loss of someone.. and many a times you cry because you regret having not said special things, not shared enough with the person you love and u cant a thing about it!

jesharu said...

very True, indeed , even I am scared, sometimes i wonder how it will be at the time of my death. ? nobody knows .... where is my grave ?

Siddharth Singh said...

@jesharu - Thanks for reading my blog!