Saturday, March 31, 2007

The End

Whenever I begin a new book, I do a strange thing. Just when I am in the first few pages, I read the last line of the book.

No I am not a restless soul, without any patience. For me, the ending is very important. Because I think that’s where the idea germinates. Every good story and every good book, I think, had begun with an end. The author/writer then writes it backwards.

May be that’s why you can never write autobiographies at the age of 30 or 40 or 50, because you would not know the end.

And I think that’s how life is. Everything begins with an end.

A relationship begins with an end of loneliness or with an end of another bad relationship, winning begins with the end of losing, smiles begin with the end of tears and so on.

And we are always looking for endings. We want a relationship to end in marriage, a war to end in peace, an old year to end in a new-year bash, a week to end in a weekend, a tiresome day to end in a good nights’ sleep.

You want to live life to the fullest because you know; this life will one day come to an end. For that excitement, you start enjoying your life, you start living.

It all begins with the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it all ends with a beginning...........childhood ends with the beginning of adulthood
tears end with the beginning of happiness
ambitions end with the realisation of it
innocence ends with the beginning of learning

there is an end to everything and a subsequent beginning or vice versa