Sunday, June 24, 2007

What women want

Studies. Surveys. Reports.

For centuries now, this has been the most intriguing matter for the mankind. What women mean when they say this or that.

Movies made, songs written, surveys done and what not.
I decided to write on the most intriguing and the most controversial subject because my fiancé thinks I understand women. (Phew!!)

Like they say, Ignorance is bliss. I think all men believe in that. If you continue to be stupid, you become one. And if you are stupid, there are no expectations.

Don’t all men know that diamonds are forever and the best friends women can have? Don’t all men know that shopping can be a stress-buster? Don’t all men know that a ‘yes’ means yes and a ‘no’ means no (I don’t know also means no). Don’t all men know that coffee means ‘coffee’, not sex? And so on.

Men are materialistic. But they expect their women to be sacrificing, emotional and blah blah but materialistic.

Recently, I heard a radio ad which goes…

Man: If she says we need to talk… she means she wants to break up. If she says it’s nobody’s fault… she means it’s all ‘your’ fault.
Then another male voice says, because men don’t know what women want blah blah…

Well I am sure this ad is written by a man. Who claims to know what ‘she’ actually means. So doesn’t he understand women?
I think men like the tagline attached to them which says ‘He is stupid, but sweet’. Because, like I said stupid means no expectations.

Some handy tips for ‘stupid’ men:

Women love surprises, and of course diamonds.
Shopping is a stress-buster.
Yes means yes. No means no.
‘I hate you’ means I love you. (Remember this corollary doesn’t apply everywhere)
You don’t understand means ‘You don’t understand’.
Coffee means coffee. (not sex)
Don’t argue. Don’t offer solutions. Just listen. (Tell me honestly, don’t all men want the same thing when they are feeling low)
She is stronger (emotionally)
She can also be attracted to someone else.
Tears always don’t mean sorrow.
Holding hands is better than a kiss. (Even a hug is better than a kiss)
She is special. (Isn’t she?)
Learn cooking.
Say sorry. Even if it’s not your mistake (Remember ‘male ego’ is more famous than ‘female ego’)
She’s equally or more intelligent.
Say ‘I love you’ more often.
Don’t lie. Especially with ‘I love you’

So many more can be followed. But, what’s the point. Men don’t listen.
Understanding women starts once you stop analyzing them. I don’t think I understand them any better than anyone else. But I have stopped analyzing them. So I would like to think, the process has begun.

Till then I am plain ‘stupid’!

2 comments:

prasad said...

Studies. Surveys. Reports...
‘stupid’..
hahahahahh
accha hai ..i think you understand women.
hahaha
accha hai

Swati Sapna said...

Purrrfect! :)