Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I know no one

Does anyone know me? Its not funny how many people have claimed to do that, sadly though, no one ever got it right.

I don’t think it’s a big achievement that I have managed to maintain that privacy in this otherwise interfering world. But at the same time its amazing how people live in illusions.

I think a person thinks only what he/she wants to think. Emotions are a derivative of certain facts and at a later stage a fact becomes the derivative of an emotion. How long does it take to know a person? I believe you can know a person only till the limit he wants you to know him/her. Sometimes you spend your entire life with someone, still don’t know him/her. Knowing someone can be very subjective. You know how he would react to situations, what he would do or say, in a given situation. But do you know him?

“I never said this to him because I knew what he would say”.
“I know her… she was never like this”
“I know he’s doing this because he never loved me”

What is this? Do we really know the people we love? Or is it just a comfort zone we have entered? Where we think we know him/her. How he talks, walks, behaves etc.
We say to ourselves that, this is it. I know this person now.
I know the thought is very random and I know no one will like it. Because I know no one.

1 comment:

Dasbehn said...

Considering how tough it is to understand oneself, I think its ok that understanding others is difficult.

Don't you feel that instead of really getting to know someone, all we're actually doing is convincing ourselves that we know them? Some people convince themselves easier than others.. and then their opinion is decided and fixed.And then they just reason out everything else to match their opinions...does that make sense? Here is a thought, why don't we just convince ourselves that knowing others isn't important, and everything else will be simple!

"Emotions are a derivative of certain facts and at a later stage a fact becomes the derivative of an emotion." -- Thats nice, I think that makes sense.